With only a slight error in driving, a bus driver can cause passengers and other motorists to suffer severe injuries. The Sacramento bus accidents attorneys from Amaya & Associates Law Group help bus accident victims recover maximum compensation for the damages that they suffer as a result of the negligent behavior of the bus driver or company that employs him or her.
Bus accident victims may suffer from a variety of injuries. However, some of the more common types of bus accident injuries include
• Spinal injuries
• Brain injuries
• Organ damage
• Internal bleeding
• Back injuries
• Neck injuries
Under California’s common carrier lines, the operators of public transportation and other bus line operations owe their passengers a heightened duty of care. This means that they must be even safer than regular motorists on the roadway.
Bus accident may occur because of a bus driver’s negligence as evidenced by:
• Failing to properly signal before changing lanes
• Failing to yield the right of way
• Driving in a distracted manner
Bus accidents and other public transport accidents often cause severe injuries and even death. Damages may be immediate and extensive. Injured victims must often rely on paramedics treating them immediately and taking them to an emergency facility for them to have the hope of recovering. It is critical for bus accident victims to receive the best medical treatment possible in the moments after an accident. If victims do not have medical insurance, it is vital that our Sacramento bus accidents lawyers represent their best interests and seek full compensation.
Many of the damages that bus accident victims face are not realized until years later. That is why it is important for victims to get an accurate accounting of the full extent of their damages. Our Sacramento bus accidents lawyers may consult with healthcare professionals and economists to ascertain the lifelong damages that the victim will face so that they have this information available when negotiating a settlement with the insurance company.
The amount of damages that are available in a particular case depend on a number of factors, including:
• The amount of medical expenses
• The anticipated cost of future rehabilitative care
• The amount of wages lost due to the accident
• The amount of lifetime earnings that will likely be lost due to the injuries
• The level of mental anguish caused by the victim’s injuries
• The availability of punitive damages if the negligent party intentionally chose to cause harm or acted with a reckless disregard for the health and life of others
For help with your bus accident case, contact a Sacramento bus accidents attorney from Amaya & Associates Law Group by calling (916) 452-6116.